From early 1942, this is one of the last three F-4s made. Maple back (nice deep flame figure all the way across)and sides, Adirondack Spruce top, Metal button Kluson tuners, Bound headstock with pearl "The Gibson" logo and abalone and pearl flowerpot, Bone nut, Bound Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with pearl dots, Cream binding, Replacement (?) ebony bridge with small silver plated adjuster wheels, Original tailpiece and cover, Ebony endpin. The pickguard disintegrated and disrupted the finish underneath a little. A bright and forceful voice, especially good for playing in a group. An ideal celtic or oldtime music mandolin. With rectangular hardshell case.